Friday, January 8, 2010

Pear on Glass Dish, pastel


Desiree, one of the extraordinarily talented artists on Painting Friends, walked us through this pear on glass using pastel on sandpaper (oh, my fingers!). What a lot of fun--and frustration! Keep reminding myself I'm new to the pastel medium and shouldn't expect a lot, but the glass dish was a real challenge for me--lots of tiny lines of varying values. It's pretty messy in real life. I'm happy with the pear itself and the background, but I'm ready to try something else that doesn't have any glass in it! Later...the more I look at this, the more I like it--could be worth the sore fingertips!

4 comments:

  1. it turned out gorgeous!!! you should be proud~~ battle wounds and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo Susan this is so very well done. Yep you should be very proud of your self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. Fingers are still a little sore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your a natural! Glad you enjoyed it, I know I did. Now we can all rest our fingertips. It even hurts to type today, but I also gardened all day!

    ReplyDelete