Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sandwich Bag II


I have a friend at work who loved the little sandwich bag I did for the alphabet challenge on Painting Friends so much that I decided to re-do it larger (and hopefully better) as a gift for her. This is 8x10. I hadn't intended to use any solvent on this piece as the main blue I used (Prismacolor Light Cerulean) turned an unacceptable bright blue when blended with a colorless blender. When I finally finished the piece I just couldn't get past the fact that the baggie should be smoother than the background, so I attacked it with a colorless blender. At first I thought I'd ruined it but after working over the whole bag, then going back in with a Verithin Indigo pencil to sharpen lines and shapes, I decided I liked it. A little on the turquoise side, but I think the smoother surface makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment