Thursday, September 10, 2009

Start small so you don't go crazy!


I've seen the wonderful plastic bag colored pencil works by Linda Lucas Hardy and wondered if I could ever "do" plastic. Gave it a try in this little colored pencil piece--5x6" intentionally so I didn't go insane and give up. The challenge was to keep myself focused on shapes and not think about it being plastic: "This triangle is a lighter blue than the rectangle next to it, with a small wedge of white in between." Although it's very beginnerish, I was pleased with it overall as I think it reads plastic baggie.

3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    This certainly reads plastic baggie: I did not have to read your post to know what it was:-)

    I suppose that painting plastic is a bit like painting crystal/glass...not easy, but it can be accomplished if done one bit at a time- you paint what you see in one small section.
    Congratulations! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Susan I think met your challenge and did very well as well. I like the top part the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christiane and Nora. I've got a friend who's request a larger version of this for her kitchen. I'm tempted to put something in the plastic baggie, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet!

    ReplyDelete