Saturday, April 4, 2009

Clockwork - WIP Part 3

Progress after 3-1/2 hours of stippling:
Moving right along...following the reference photo as closely as possible. I've made one fairly substantial error, but I'm not going to point it out; unless you've got the original in front of you, you'll never notice it (and might not even then, if I can cover my tracks well enough)! I continually go back over stippled areas as I work, darkening a bit here and there, sometimes even just a dot or two can make a huge difference. Going to play with my new camera a little and see if I can't get clearer shots--I'm losing a lot of detail. (Notes: If you click on the photo, it enlarges a bit...and...the slightly darker diagonal area on the left of the piece is a plastic sheet I lay under my hand/wrist so I don't smear the pencil tracing underneath as I work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment