Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Pepper Project: Pepper I


I want to do three 8x10 colored pencil works of colorful peppers for my kitchen (which is especially strange, since I don't eat peppers--but they're so beautiful!). I took 35 photographs of peppers yesterday and this is the first painting. I actually like it, even though there's an obvious problem: the light source. This is really bizarre because there appear to be two light sources even in the photograph! The sun was the only light source but the shadow of the pepper goes straight east (if you will) and the plate shadow heads southeast. So, it may take me 4-5 attempts to get three usable works (but for my kitchen, who cares?).

1 comment:

  1. I can't explain the double light source, but I like the painting. Can't wait to see the complete series.

    ReplyDelete